Jobs: Content strategist
We are a young, growing content agency looking for a freelance content strategist to join our team. We specialize in SaaS companies that understand the importance of content marketing but don't have the time to implement it themselves.
We want your help setting our clients up for success. Our biggest immediate need is pitching blog topics based on keyword research. We also want help devising a roadmap for new clients' content as part of our onboarding process.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a strategist who can impress our clients with thorough research. Ideally you have experience in a strategy role at a content marketing agency and are open to working <10 hours a week to start. As we grow, you may have the potential to grow your role, also.
What the strategist does
- Researches the client and industry based on our onboarding questionnaire, to propose topic ideas that fit within the client's content package.
- Each topic pitch would include a 50-60 word explanation that shows clients what the post would cover and how it benefits them, a working title, and a target keyword.
You have experience in:
- Providing content strategy at an agency.
- Finding unique angles and headlines.
- Researching and planning content to meet SEO goals.
- Interacting with clients, editors, and writers.
What it’s like to work with us
We are a young company but our founding team is highly experienced in content marketing and running and growing agencies. We want to provide an enjoyable, profitable experience for all involved, from our strategists to editors, writers, and our clients.
- We are highly focused on building efficient, repeatable processes, and we'd love you to help us do this.
- Most of our communication is asynchronous and we all work remotely.
- We are now focusing on blogging but will expand our offering to other content formats and related services.
- We deal with founders and c-suite at startups and SaaS companies that do not yet have sophisticated marketing teams.
- You have the chance to help shape how we build this agency.
Please make sure that the following works for you
- You will need to be prepared to turn around a new client roadmap (2-3 paragraphs) and 8 topic pitches within 2-3 business days after a new client fills out our onboarding form.
- You should be comfortable working in the gray zone and filling in gaps with your own research, rather than relying on calls with clients.
- We pay monthly via PayPal.
To apply, please fill out this form. We'll be in touch!