Jobs: Freelance editor
We are a young, growing content marketing agency looking for a freelance editor to join our team. We specialize in SaaS companies that understand the importance of content marketing but don't have the time to implement it themselves.
We want your help editing our writers' submissions to meet our internal quality standards before we submit them to our clients.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an editor who is attentive to detail. You are able to quickly grasp a wide range of topics, since our clients come from very diverse industries. Ideally you have experience in an editing role at a content marketing agency and are open to working <5 hours a week to start. As we grow, you will have the potential to grow your role, also.
What our editor does
- Reviews writer submissions for appropriateness of structure and content by comparing it to the original topic pitch and an editing checklist.
- Improves content where needed, including headings, word choices, links, etc., and basic copyediting.
- Makes sure the content is ready to submit to a client, including rewriting if necessary.
- Provides feedback to the team to make sure we are sourcing high-quality writing talent.
What it’s like to work with us
We are a young company but our founding team is highly experienced in content marketing and running and growing agencies. We want to provide an enjoyable, profitable experience for all involved, from our strategists to editors, writers, and our clients.
- We are highly focused on building efficient, repeatable processes, and we'd love you to help us do this.
- Most of our communication is asynchronous and we all work remotely.
- We provide standard 800-word blog posts currently, but we will expand our offering to other content formats and related services in the coming months.
- We deal with founders and c-suite at startups and SaaS companies that do not yet have sophisticated marketing teams
Please make sure that the following works for you
- You will need to edit pieces within 1 business day of receiving a submission.
- We pay monthly via PayPal.
To apply, please fill out this form. We'll be in touch!