Let’s face it: Your SaaS company needs an online presence. And that doesn’t just mean a website. You need a blog, too. But as important as blogging is, it can be a struggle. If you lack time, skill, or interest in writing, your blog might be falling flat—and it could be affecting your bottom line.
A high-quality blog can help your SaaS company reach new levels, and outsourcing your blog writing to the right agency can get you there.
Your blog is an asset that grows over time
A blog is a fundamental part of any SaaS company’s marketing strategy. It:
- Helps establish your authority. A blog is a fantastic way to share your expertise, helping establish you as an authority.
- Boosts SEO. The first Google search result has an average click-through rate of 28.5%.
- Builds relationships with your customers. Valuable and relevant content keeps your customers coming back to your website, thereby helping you establish strong connections.
- Increases brand awareness. People love sharing information they find helpful. Creating useful content will result in increased brand awareness as your readers share your posts with their networks.
Unfortunately, too many young companies that attempt to blog in-house end up falling flat. They end up over-relying on paid advertising and miss out on growing their blog as an asset.
Successful SaaS companies outsource blog writing
While blogging is an essential part of a good content marketing strategy, it takes time and effort, pulling you away from the other things that demand your attention. It makes sense to outsource your blog writing to an agency so you can free up your time. Some other benefits of outsourcing are:
- Reduced costs. Subscribing to only as many blogs as you need is more cost-effective than hiring a full-time writer.
- Fresh voices. Working with a whole team of content creators means you’ll have access to different writers so your content never gets stale.
- Good-quality content. Good agencies have editorial standards for their writers, so your blog content goes through a quality check before you get it.
- Flexibility to scale. An agency offers different service and output levels to meet the demands of your growing business.
- Keyword ranking. You’ll have access to writers who know how to create content that ranks for industry-specific keywords.
- Focus on results. An agency that knows SaaS marketing will be able to advise on content marketing techniques that make sense for your business.
SaaS companies that outsource blog writing may start to see engagement with their blog after only a few posts. They can even use their blog to support customer success in the early years.
How to keep an in-house feel when you outsource blog writing
You’ve poured months, perhaps years, into getting to know your customers. It’s hard to imagine that an agency can swoop in and write your blog with a believable level of authority. But it can be done with the right partner. Here are 5 keys to outsourcing your blog to an agency successfully.
1. Understand your blogging goals
Setting goals for your blog is crucial to its success. Not only will this help you measure the blog’s success, but it will also help you communicate your needs to the agency you’re outsourcing to. Examples of some blogging goals you can set are:
- Create X number of blog posts a month
- Rank for certain keywords in X months
- Increase traffic to your site by X% in X months
- Increase email signup rate by X% in X months
Involve your agency in setting and measuring goals. This ensures that you’re on the same page and working towards realistic goals. Their expertise from working with other businesses will benefit you here.
2. Look for an agency that understands SaaS
Another crucial step in outsourcing your blog writing is to look for an agency that understands the ins and outs of the SaaS industry, such as SaaSpirin. Because our team is dedicated to creating content for SaaS companies, you’re assured a strong content strategy consisting of high-quality, fluff-free blog posts. Our team comes from a background in SaaS.
3. Consider your budget
When it comes to content creation, you can get a blog post for as little as $5 or as much as $2000+. Of course, the $5 posts are questionable as far as quality is concerned. The $2000 post? Well, that’s unsustainable for younger SaaS companies.
Do your due diligence to strike the right balance between price and quality. For example, because we understand the budget constraints small SaaS businesses face, SaaSpirin structures prices to provide an affordable, sustainable option at every level.
4. Look at the agency’s track record
One question many SaaS companies ask when it comes to outsourcing blog writing is, “How can we be sure of the quality of blog posts we’ll get?” The answer is simple. Look at the agency’s track record. Check the work they’ve done for other businesses. Dig into their portfolio and customer reviews so you know what you can expect from them.
5. Take the agency for a spin
This is one area SaaSpirin stands out from other content agencies. You get to take our blog writing services for a test drive. This means you can try out our full blog writing service, which includes:
- Keyword research
- Topic ideation
- Content calendar
- Optimized links
- Unlimited revisions
If, at the end of the month, you feel we’re not a good fit, we refund your invoice.
It’s time to outsource your blog writing
Your blog is an essential component of attracting and onboarding your target customers. And once they’re on board, your blog will help you retain them.
Start outsourcing your blog writing and see the difference it makes. Get in touch with us today.